The Laurier Centre for Sustainable Food Systems is Hiring!
The Administrative Assistant, Special Projects will provide research project and administrative support for the work undertaken through the research grants of Principal Investigator (PI), Dr. Alison Blay-Palmer. The candidate will be expected to work independently on tasks including, but not limited to: research project administrative support including project accounting and communications across multiple research projects.
The role will be to support the Project Co-ordinator, Centre for Sustainable Food System in that role as well as the PI. This role requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently. This position is based at the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at the Balsillie School for International Affairs.
Hours of Work: This is a part-time role (approximately 10 hours per week).
- Assist in tracking the progress of ongoing research activities
- Collect and organize data for annual reports and other data gathering initiatives
- Participate in and prepare and circulate minutes for regular meetings across research projects
- Provide administrative support related to planning large scale workshops and public events
- Maintain monthly log of hours worked and tasks completed
- Other administrative duties as required
- Assist the Project Co-ordinator in the preparation and tracking of Project expenses and reports
Project Website and Social Media
- Assist with knowledge mobilization efforts for FLEdGE and URBAL under the guidance of the LCSFS Project Co-ordinator
- Assist in the implementation of social media strategies to meet the knowledge mobilization goals of the research projects, including publishing content for the website/blog and twitter accounts
- Assist with website maintenance, webinars, and the development of online tools
- Assist in on-going review of implementation of LCSFS Communication Plan
- Other duties as required
- Minimum Undergraduate Degree in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated relevant experience
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience preparing expense reports
- Works in a team environment and independently
- Passionate about local sustainable food
- Easily able to adapt to change and competing priorities
- Financial management and budgeting experience will be considered an asset