Willow Springs Creative Centre (WSCC) is a bubbling hub of activities that focuses on local foods as a means to deliver social, economic and environmental benefits. This charming video captures the diversity of ways that WSCC adapts creatively to the local boreal context from therapeutic gardening to a food training program through a seasonal market.
About the Social Economy of Food Video Series
The Social Economy of Food Video Series showcases local leaders that are using food to improve their communities by enhancing the local and social economies. Watch the complete series here.
Other videos in the series:
- The Social Economy of Food Video Series- Introduction
- Supporting Seed Saving and Farmers in Atlantic Canada
- Community Financing is Cultivating Local Food: FarmWorks shows the way
- Durham Integrated Growers “DIG” Community Gardens and All Forms of Urban Agriculture
- Nourishing Communities: Hidden Harvest Ottawa has big dreams for a greener Ottawa. What are yours?
- Black Duck Wild Rice: The Resurgence of Indigenous Food Sovereignty within the Kawartha Lakes Region
- Cloverbelt Local Food Co-op
- Aroland Youth Blueberry Initiative
- Nipigon Blueberry Blast Festival